Can I Upgrade My Processor

gcs_uk 00:56 22 May 03

Due to the help and assistance of the many forum members here I have upgraded my PC to include an extra hard drive, fitted a CD-RW, added more memory, added a graphics card and added a sound card.

I now want to know if it is possible to upgrade my Intel Celeron 1.1 processor.

I have a Packard Bell imedia machine and the motherboard is a Challenger P61WF and is a type 370 motherboard.

I believe this is quite an old fashioned motherboard so I suspect my options for upgrading are limited.

But thinking about is it possible to upgrade my motherboard ?

I have searched the net but as of yet not found any websites which are easy enough for me to understand.

TIA

hugh-265156 01:00 22 May 03

i have a packerd bell imedia 5051 computer and the help on packerd bells site is not very good on this.they will call my mobo for instance sis650 columbia which is in fact a gigabyte GA-8siml.click here should help identify the motherboard and then you will know what its limits are.

hugh-265156 01:08 22 May 03

the bios download on pb`s site supports up to 1.4 gb processor(or at least correctly identifies it)as above use aida.click mother board and lok for name here.then may be able to get some more info.

gcs_uk 09:34 22 May 03

I already have Aida installed (that was my first port of call) unfortunately it says it cannot identify my motherboard.

hugh-265156 15:26 22 May 03
  woodchip 15:56 22 May 03

Your motherboard is a ECS board look hear click here for CPU support but it Looks Like you on the limit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…