can I turn off my laptop keyboard

maund 18:52 08 Nov 05

Hello all,

Can I turn off my laptop keyboard? I have an ADVENT 7027 and have got windows XP SP1 installed. I am currently using a desktop PC keyboard and I think the laptop keyboard has developed a few problems?

Regards

David

Skyver 18:57 08 Nov 05

Was that the one that kept popping up search windows? You'd need to look in the BIOS on boot up to see if it can be disabled - however if you ever needed to access the BIOS again, no keypresses on a de-activated keyboard will work so it's not very likely they'd allow it to be switched off.

maund 20:23 08 Nov 05

Could I not use the keyboard I am currenly using to access the BIOS if I was able to turn the original off?

Skyver 21:21 08 Nov 05

It's possible but you'll be stuck if it doesn't work - it's not the same as plugging a PS2 keyboard back into a desktop if a USB keyboard doesn't work. If you can access the BIOS now from that keyboard, then you can disregard everything I've said :)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:39 08 Nov 05

keyboard connects to mainboard via small ribbon cable under keyboard.

Check fully inserted in slot and not kinked.

Disconnect from slot f keyboard not req. after checking USB keyboard can access BIOS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…