Can I tell windows to print black text in colour

Never again 07:15 09 Jun 03

I have an epson printer with a faulty black cartridge head and therefore it wont print any black - only colour.

Can I fool the printer by telling windows to print all text in brown or some other colour as a default, even if its being displayed in black on the screen.

stlucia 08:49 09 Jun 03

I think the answer is "no". But, of course, you can probably change the font colour in Word or whatever software the document is being printed from. But that will require trial and error -- you'll have to specify colours which don't have any black mixed in them.

Andsome 09:04 09 Jun 03

Try highlighting all the text, then choose the colour, any colour you want from the tool bar

Wak 09:43 09 Jun 03

I don't know about Epson Printers but I can tell my Lexmark to print using either the Black or Colour cartridge. To print black text with the colour cartridge, it will just use all the colours simultaneously to make black.
Maybe there is something similar on your Epson printer???

pj123 11:53 09 Jun 03

Go to Edit, Select All and change the text colour to blue or red, it has to be a primary colour then print as usual

Never again 07:36 10 Jun 03

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I'm going to bin the printer instead as is not worth making the changes every time.

Does anyone want it for spares - at P+P cost?

Apparently older inferquently used epson printers are prone to this problem.

Andsome 08:53 10 Jun 03

Ask local charities. I got rid of an old printer this way. They were extremely pleased, as they knew a man locally who would repair computer parts for them FREE. Their old printer was just about beyond repair even by him.

Switcher 09:12 10 Jun 03

Use a syringe to put meths through the nozzle that might clears it OK. Always print a page a day to save jets from clogging.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…