Can I synchronize only when wired, not wireless?

coolteach 14:40 08 Mar 09

My Dell D520 is currently configured to run mobsync.exe /logon when Windows boots. It syncs offline files in my 'My Documents' space on the network and the laptop. It also seems to enable connection to other the other mapped network drives and network printers which don't connect until this has run. However, I would only like to do this when I boot connected to the wired network at work but not my wireless network at home. Is this possible?

Thanks for any advice offered!

mgmcc 17:09 08 Mar 09

I don't believe it is possible to configure a program to differentiate between a "wired" and a "wireless" connection to the network.

A "wireless" connection emulates a "wired" ethernet connection.

coolteach 21:39 27 May 09

Got round this using Dell Quickset application which canbe configured to run apps etc depending on profile detected (wired/wireless). Added a line pointing to a .bat file I created to run the sync program command, although I have to click Synchronise when it fires up when connected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…