Can I stop this spam - MAILER-DAEMON returns

tmh2 14:45 11 Jun 09

I have started to get 100's of spam messages. I own the domain howat.co.uk, and I have started getting messages addressed to "Pam [email protected]" and others addressed to "...@howat.co.uk". These are usually some offer or other like win cash, or win shopping, or credit checks.
At first I thought it was a genuine error with someone quoting their e-mail account wrongly, but I have just been away from home for a week and have today received 500 e-mails!
I have got about 200 e-mails RETURNING UNDELIVERABLE MAIL to "[email protected]" & "[email protected]" and other such rubbish addresses. Good grief, some are even in Japanese and Chinese!
I am using Outlook Express 6 and I have tried setting up rules to delete some of these, I have also tried blocking the senders, but how do I manage to keep receiving my genuine e-mails and sort out all this trash?
Does anyone have any suggestions? Apart from dump the domain, after all, I am proud to have my own surname as my domain.

lotvic 15:29 11 Jun 09

Spammers are using it.
I found out that creating a Sender Policy Framework is the only form of defence but I don't know much about it.
I did a google search for Sender Policy Framework to find out more and suggest you do same for information - it makes interesting reading but there was too much info to start trying to put it on here.

tmh2 15:35 11 Jun 09

I am checking this out as I type this reply.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

tmh2 15:37 11 Jun 09

Has anyone tried "SPAMFIGHTER"?

Woolwell 17:22 11 Jun 09

It is not a good idea to put a genuine e-mail address in your posts. One of the ways that spammers get access is by find e-mail addresses published on the web. I can also find your address.

southhead 18:36 11 Jun 09
  tmh2 17:36 16 Jun 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…