Can I stop my son going to 18+ Adult websites ?

Giggle n' Bits 21:59 26 Jun 05

Is there any reliable software programme that I can get to stop my son from looking at these 18+ adult websites before he totally wrecks our new pc.

He's had the lecture, but get 3 school friends round on a weekend night and he's back to it 2 weeks later.

johnnyrocker 22:03 26 Jun 05

you could try net nann, what os if xp you can password access, set i/net or firewall setings to high and set security restrictions in internet options

johnnny.

johnnyrocker 22:04 26 Jun 05

oops nanny

johnny.

woodchip 22:05 26 Jun 05

You could chuck the computer in the Bin

Mikè 22:12 26 Jun 05

Whatever you do to try and stop him, he (or one of his mates) will know how to get round it!

Put the PC in a family room.

VoG II 22:14 26 Jun 05

Perhaps to save us a series of essays you would care to tell us what AV, firewall, anti-spyware you have installed.

The only surefire answer is castration.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:36 26 Jun 05

Child safe Internet control :-
Iprotectyou click here
Weblocker click here
Parental Filter click here

Giggle n' Bits 22:56 26 Jun 05

Woodchip, dissapointed in you after being here for years you come out with a reply like that. Hope FE calls on you.

WinXP Home with SP2 all Window updates, running NAV 2005, he also runs MSN Messenger.

Will look at Fruit Bat /\0/\ suggestions and look at net nanny.

Thanks everyone.

gabriella 23:09 26 Jun 05

Hi FAQ Man

Having had similar probs with mine, I offer the following: change your son's settings to 'child' on NAV, that will stop him going on 18+ sites. Make sure that he doesn't get to log onto your login though.

Been there and worn the T shirt as they say!

Gabriella x

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:29 26 Jun 05

Stop him using the computer...he will not die...it is the only way.

G

€dstowe 06:43 27 Jun 05

Think back to your own youth for a moment. Wouldn't you have wanted to look at these sites when you were his age? A big part of adolescence is rebellion - especially rebellion against one's parents.

The more you try to prevent your son seeking out these sites, the more determined he will be to look at them. This could be on your (his) computer or on someone else's. You are wasting your time trying to prevent it. As for "nanny" software it either doesn't work properly or you will find that a popular subject of conversation at schools and colleges is methods of over-riding the various nanny programs.

You would be far better off in giving lessons in sensible Internet use and arming your computer with as much anti-malware software as is practical.

Keep your credit card well locked up though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…