Can I still use computer when transfering a VHS to

daisy2bell 11:55 26 Jan 05

At the moment I am transfering a VHS film via my camcorder onto my HD. Can I still use my computer or will this cause problems with the transfer
Thanks

mattyc_92 12:33 26 Jan 05

You can use the computer, BUT your system will be running slow, and this may casue system crashes if you are impatitent like me!!!

Chezdez 12:35 26 Jan 05

i wouldn't, i should imagine you will get similiar errors as to when you use the computer whilst burning a CD/DVD, where by the buffer drops, and you get nasty errors

stlucia 12:36 26 Jan 05

Maybe. It all depends on the spec. of your PC. Windows can run another application while the first one is still running, but perceived wisdom is that you should shut down all other applications if you want error-free video downloads.

scotty 12:42 26 Jan 05

You do risk getting dropped frames. Depending on the software you are using, you may be given information on the number of frames dropped. Personnally, I would not risk it as it will be so annoying if you do have a duff transfer.

One possibility if you are running XP, I believe you can set priorities for a program. Giving the highest level of priority to the program doing the transfer may protest you from dropped frames.

daisy2bell 13:39 26 Jan 05

Thanks for that guys. Thankfully I have a 2nd PC to work with when uploading/burning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…