Can I send data to a digital camera card?

Colin 17:58 02 Feb 04

I have a Canon PowerShot A300 digital camera.
As I can download pictures from its memory card (CompactFlash)to my PC, can I send data to the card? The camera appears in My Computer as the specific camera and not an additional drive. I am using Windows XP.

Kate B 17:59 02 Feb 04

Yes, you should be able to. Did the installation software include a USB mass driver? If so, install that if the PC isn't recognising the camera as a removeable drive.

AubreyS 18:01 02 Feb 04

Yes, I often use my smartmedia card to transfer data between PC's.

Rayuk 18:08 02 Feb 04

Only thing to remember is not to format card on your pc do it in your camera only.

anchor 18:13 02 Feb 04

I regularly do this to transfer data to my notebook, although I do use a card reader.

Pidder 18:30 02 Feb 04

I think the point is that your camera will probably NOT read photos downloaded to the card from your PC.

heidelberg 18:45 02 Feb 04

I have transfered both data and photos from one PC to another using the camera and card.

If I can do it anyone can.

Dave

woodchip 19:08 02 Feb 04

Just Drag the files onto the Camera Icon

Colin 20:23 02 Feb 04

Thanks for the responses. I will try the suggestions tomorrow and let you know how I get on. For information, I am abroad at the moment and wish to bring back some large Excel worksheets with me. This PC is on dial up and will take an age to upload.

Colin 15:26 03 Feb 04

I have been unsuccesful. The Canon software CD only contains USB Mass Storage Drivers for Windows 2000 and below, not XP. If I try to install one of them, I get a message saying that I don't need one and it won't install one. I have zipped the files to 15MB so will probably buy a USB key, which I have been meaning to buy for a while, but couldn't justify till now.

Filch 16:18 03 Feb 04

When I load from my computer to my camera card, the camera says the card is empty, but if I bring it up on the computer it shows all that is on the card and will display it on the computer and can be saved where ever I wish. This goes for fotos, or any thing else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…