can I send an audio track by email?

keef66 14:55 13 Oct 06

My sister and I are trying to select music for our Dad's funeral and I'd like to email her 2 tracks from a cd so she can decide. I'm not functioning very well at the moment and can't for the life of me work out how to do it. Is it possible, and if so, how?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 13 Oct 06

Sorry about your loss.

You could rip the music from the CD as an mp3 file using One of the common music playing rograms(Itunes. winamp mdiaplayer etc.)

and attach the file to you e-mail.

However some ISPs will not allow attachments over a certain size approx 1meg, a typical Mp3 file would be 2-4 meg

keef66 15:56 13 Oct 06

FB thanks for the quick response, I'll give it a try. We both have broadband so I hope the file size isn't an issue.Presumably at the other end she just double clicks the attachment and media player or similar will open and play it?

He almost got to 92, so not a bad innings.

Stuartli 16:00 13 Oct 06

You could do it using Windows Media Player in either WMA or MP3 form (Rip button) and send them by e-mail.

Go to WMP Help and key in "sharing clips" without the quotes for instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…