can i save streamed program on my pc "

loonogs 22:17 29 Mar 09

i found a site that streams some old tv programs,
is it possible to save this stream ?

MAJ 22:28 29 Mar 09

Depends on the site, do you have a link to it?

loonogs 14:04 30 Mar 09

Hi Maj,
here is the website
click here

my question is this, i can watch it on-line or save it, but to save it means joining this company
click here and looking at these FAQ's i get the impression that it is p2p but that you pay for tech support.
i have no issue in paying particularly for these old programs, but is it legal ?
i think p2p is not.

you opinion please

MAJ 14:22 30 Mar 09

P2P in itself is not illegal, loonogs, it depends on what you download. If the content is copyrighted and the site doesn't have permission from the copyright owner to use it, then yes it is illegal. You can check through the site to see if that is the case.

Using Firefox click here and the firefox downloadhelper extension click here you can download the streams to your hard drive. They will be stored in a folder called "dwhelper", probably in My Documents (in XP) or in your Personal folder in Vista.

MAJ 14:34 30 Mar 09

Looking further through the site, loonogs, there are defintely a lot of movies and shows that would be illegal to download, not sure whether they all fall into that bracket, but I imagine that they would.

ACOLYTE 18:31 30 Mar 09

I cant even open the site my AV software blocks access to it,as a malicious site.(

loonogs 18:55 30 Mar 09

Thanks MAJ for taking the time to send those messages.
the software works perfectly and I am now introducing another generation to Battle of the Planets.

Acolyte thank you for that information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…