Can I save Pics as jpeg when it shows as bitmap?

gra123 12:24 16 Apr 03

When I'm saving pics, some show as jpeg and others as bitmap. The bitmap takes longer to download and uses more space. Is there a way to save a pic as jpeg from bitmap. It doesn't give Me a choice at present.

MartinT-B 12:36 16 Apr 03

It should.

Open the Bitmap. Click File---> save as Then choose Jpeg as your option from the dropdown filetype list.

pj123 13:04 16 Apr 03

If you have PaintShop Pro you can save pictures as lots of different formats jpeg included.

Taurus 13:56 16 Apr 03

When you save the picture initially, you can select the format in which it is saved. Select from the 'save as..' menu below where you enter the name.

gra123 14:05 16 Apr 03

I've tried save as, the dropdown menu only gives me bitmap: no alternatives!
Some pics are shown as jpeg but only give me the bitmap save as option.
are there options on the set-up to correct this?
Some pics are auto saved as jpegs, I don't understand.
can bitmaps be altered to jpegs after being saved?

woodchip 14:11 16 Apr 03

You have to save the file as a bitmap then open in a Photo Editer and save as JPEG then delete the bitmap file

Taurus 14:14 16 Apr 03

Yes they can, the rather excellant Paint Shop Pro has a batch conversion facility that will convert image files from almost any format to any other.

I would imagine that most good image manipulation prgos will do the same.

Dave

graham√ 14:17 16 Apr 03

That works! Just done it with one of my scanned pictures I've been trying to convert to JPEG. Thankyou.

woodchip 14:22 16 Apr 03

Glad to be of service

Patr100 14:50 16 Apr 03

If Jpegs are constantly being saved as Bitmaps then clear your Internet temp files to correct this recognised issue in Internet Explorer - Then they can be saved as Jpegs without needing conversion. This is most likely your problem as I would be highly surprised to find a genuine full bitmap on a webpage. To convert bitmap to jpeg for free use IrfanView from click here

Patr100 14:52 16 Apr 03

Go to tools/internet options/ Temporary Internet files - choose "delete files"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…