Can I safely uninstall MS Visual Studio?

DIYgirl 18:43 15 Feb 06

I've finally bought my new computer and am now sorting it all out. I want to run Dragon Naturally Speaking but it is conflicting with Microsoft Visual Studio.

I've read the helpnotes on Nuance's website which advise me to either install a higher service pack for Visual Studio, or to rename a .dll file. I've had a look at installing the service pack but as I'm only on dial-up that will take over six hours to download! However, from what I can work out, Visual Studio is only used by software developers and so I'm not going to need it. Can I safely uninstall it from my computer?

csqwared 19:34 15 Feb 06

I'm not familiar with that particular application but usually, and particularly if it is a MS product, you can go to Start/Settings/Control panel, select Add/Remove programe and it will be safely uninstalled. There may also be an uninstaller in the same folder as the application.

cc

Skills 20:15 15 Feb 06

It is safe to uninstall visual studio is is a integrated developement environment for creating programs in say visual basic or c++. Just go to add/remove in the control panel and there it will be listed in the programs.

DIYgirl 21:43 15 Feb 06

Thanks for that advice. I've got a problem, though.

If I look in the "programs" list under Windows Explorer, Microsoft Visual Studio is listed.

If I click start/all programs, it isn't listed so I can't use its own uninstall facility.

If I go to add/remove programs via the control panel, again, it isn't listed. So I can't remove it.

I keep getting an error message on startup which tells me that there is a conflict between it and Dragon Nat Speak.

Any ideas what I could do?

Thank you!

DIYgirl 19:27 16 Feb 06

Anyone? Any ideas? I don't know what I'm doing!

Skills 20:20 16 Feb 06

Go into the program files folder and look for the microsoft visual studio folder have a look in that folder and see if theres a uninstall program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac