can i run XP and Vista on the same computer

sype 11:58 11 Jul 06

is it possable to install another hard drive on my computer and install vista on that. then chose which operating system i would like to use during boot up?

Jackcoms 12:06 11 Jul 06
  Daibus 12:42 11 Jul 06

I have now got the Vista DVD and my computer has 2nd HD installed. I obviously do not want ovewrite my Windows XP but I presume the option will be given to install Vista on my 2nd HD and not on C:/

Is it possible to say if there would be any complications and what is the process when the comuter reboots - are there anymore adjustments to be made for example?

With thanks.

Rigor mortis 12:44 11 Jul 06

That is the best option. I made the mistake of installing it on a partition of my HD and it screwed up the MBR and I couldn't access XP.
A seperate HD is best for Vista.

Daibus 15:08 11 Jul 06

Installed Vista on my 2nd HD and all seems well - so far!

Daibus 16:44 11 Jul 06

Is it possible, and if so which is the best way to transfer everything possible eg. Documents and Settings, Programmes etc. onto my 2nd HD that has Vista installed on it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…