CAn I run OSX on my new Toshiba Satellite U940 -100 Ultrabook core i3 1.75, 500GB 4MB

Jess May 20:39 PM 20 Jan 13

I have just got the above laptop and hate windows 8. Its clunky, got loads of stuff I dont want and I cant find stuff. I know old windows and osx quite well. I don''t want to downgrade to windows 7 because I think will lose the mouse pad signaling stuff that this model has. I want to run music editing programme on this and I have been told OSX are better for music editing due to how windows 7 and 8 prioritise there jobs, and that now it is possible to run OSX well on a PC? Or maybe Linux? HELP!THANKS!! :)

alanrwood 20:59 PM 20 Jan 13

Windows 7 should not lose your mouse pad drivers. It should pick up a basic set and then Windows update should find the later ones.

Woolwell 22:27 PM 20 Jan 13

Suggest that you get used to W8. Installing OSX on an non-mac is not for the faint hearted and you may well find is not possible on your laptop.

The alternative to either W8 or W7 is probably sell the Tosh and buy a mac. But I'm not sure that MAC's are better for music editing.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites