Can I run a CRT monitor off DVI?

Cabochon 21:06 01 May 07

So i bought a nice graphics card on ebay, a Radeon X850 XT PE, an oldie but goodie I was told, but then was told i couldn`t run my CRT monitor off it, as the outputs are twin DVI sockets. It also has a circular 9-pin socket. At least I think they are DVI, whatever that is, as the label on the card says `Dual DVI + VIVO`
Is there any way round this?

The monitor is a STEP 21E04T german 21" found in the street (really!) and has 5 BNC sockets labelled R,G,B, HD,and VD plus a 15-pin D-socket labelled HD15 which I understand is VGA.

What do I do? Jump up and down then sell the card and get one which will run my monitor? (cheaper than replacing the monitor)

Any help appreciated.

Incidentally, anyone know what the HD and VD sockets on the monitor are for? RGB I can understand...

irishrapter 22:02 01 May 07

maybe one of these click here

irishrapter 22:04 01 May 07

Just thinking... this is what you may need..
click here

(The other one is the wrong gender!)

Cabochon 09:09 02 May 07

Thanks Irishrapter,
once the panic subsided and brain started working again I did what i should have done in the first place and RTFWiki, which has to be a version of RTFM, and found this
click here
so it looks like the adaptor will do it, great (the sockets on the card look just like the colour pic on the wiki page, with all the pins there).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…