Can I run 2 firewalls together?

prince midas 11:55 26 Mar 08

I am on Kaspersky Antivirus,Zone Alarm Firewall and Spyware Doctor Spyware remover which are all excellent.
As my Kaspersky antivurus subscription is about to run out I asked my son to buy me for a birthday
present a replacement,but unfortunately he got me Kaspersky Internet which is an all 3 in one.

Can I run this and still use ZoneAlarm and Spyware Doctor or do I have to uninstall them or can I just use the Kaspersky antivirus and disably the other Kaspersky internet programs?

MAJ 11:59 26 Mar 08

No not two firewalls. You can keep Spyware Doctor though.

Belatucadrus 12:04 26 Mar 08

You could run a second Firewall if it was a simple rule based type like Ghostwall click here or Look'n'Stop Lite but it's a pretty futile gesture.

prince midas 12:22 26 Mar 08

So what it amounts to is if I use Kaspersky Internet Security I will have to remove Zone Alarm which I am used to and I find excellent.

Or can I remove the firewall in Kaspersky.
What it amounts to is Kaspersky firewall as good as Zone Alarm,I await your comments and ideas.

Stuartli 14:49 26 Mar 08

I have ZA (free) and the modem router firewall - however I wouldn't run ZA plus a similar firewall on the system itself.

The Windows firewall has been permanently disabled.

Mac70 14:50 26 Mar 08

You could disable the firewall in kaspersky but probably better off removing ZA. I dont think one is better than the other.

Stuartli 15:53 26 Mar 08

If you want to test out Kaspersky and ZA (I use the latter) rather that thinking/wondering if one is better than the other, go to:

click here

and use each firewall in turn (Disable the other) on the Shields Up! test.

prince midas 13:01 27 Mar 08

Thanks guys,have decided to keep Zone alarm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac