can i retrieve my document after printer error?

YinHoNg 17:38 12 Jul 05

Hi, I've started to print off a document which i hadn't saved(stupidly). But there was an error whilst printing and it didn't print it all off. I tried restarting it but it hasn't made a difference.

I shut down and restarted my system but it still doesnt print. But even more major, the document now hasn't got the paragraphs and paragraphs of work i've been doing!

Because the printer shows that it's still trying to print my document, is there any way to retrieve my original document?

YinHoNg 17:51 12 Jul 05

bump

Completealias 18:06 12 Jul 05

As far as I know im afraid I don't think you can

Diemmess 18:23 12 Jul 05

If there is a document saved (presumbably as a Word document) and you can open it, even as a mess, you may be able to Save-As (give it a new name) as Text Only, or better still Rich Text Format

If you can save it as one of these simpler formats then try printing that one. Then SaveAs a Word document, print that, and format it over again the way you want it.

If all else fails you can try opening it as Any Recoverable Text. If you see that on screen you will find the text after many lines of gibberish.
Delete the unreadable and you may be able to print what's left, convert it to a Word document (again a new name) and reconstruct what you had long ago!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…