Can I retrieve deleted letter in MS-Word ?

Furkin 12:34 18 Mar 08

Hi again,
I have just done a stupid thing & deleted a 4 page archived copy of a letter in MS-Word.

When writing a follow up to someone, I usually want to use the exact same heading as the initial letter. (I don’t use the MS-Word Header/foots).
To do this I usually bring up the original letter - then delete the body of it & start the new letter with a couple of words (usually ‘Dear sir’,,,,). I then “SAVE AS > new name” this second letter. This gives me the new file.
I go back to the original & close down - As long as I don’t click “Save” on the original letter, that goes back to the folder in its entirety.
Today tho’, I wanted to name the second letter “STATUS ?”. I now know that the question mark buggers things up,,,,,,, & apart from not saving the second letter, it also saved the original letter, without the deleted body of text. (I say “it” did - of course somewhere along the line, it was the usual idiot that did it ?!)

Simple question - can I get that back ? In vain I looked in the Recycle Bin, to no avail.

I use XP Pro with SP2.

Thanks for reading,,,,

Quiet Life 13:47 18 Mar 08

This may be of help
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…