Can I repair Outlook?

holly polly 10:34 10 Apr 04

hi use outlook as my default email client with AOL and imap ,just a lately outlook is playing up it will not send mail but recieves ok when i close the software it seems to close then i get a warning screen OUTLOOK HAS ENCOUNTED a problem and needs to close even though i have closed it the tick in restart outlook is ticked even though i havnt ticked it ,one of the error messages i recieve is 0x800cccoe,i have office xp installed and have updated ,any ideas anyone?-regards-hol pol....

VoG II 10:36 10 Apr 04

Try Help/Detect and Repair.

VoG II 10:43 10 Apr 04

Or click here
possibly?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:44 10 Apr 04

Had the same problem a year ago. All I did was to install Office over the old vesion. It will not delete any documents but you may feel that a backup is necessary. I would also use a regisstry cleaner such as RegSeeker to attack the registry.

G

Forum Editor 10:50 10 Apr 04

and it's extremely annoying when it happens.

Running the detect and repair tool (as recommended by VoG™) may help, but if it doesn't you may need to use GANDALF <|:-)>'s more drastic fix.

Chris-203515 13:04 10 Apr 04

type in this sfc /scannow
watch out for space after sfc
reinstall any Windows updates afterwards

lamda 13:12 10 Apr 04

into my postings

holly polly 13:28 10 Apr 04

Hi everyone firstly my apologies for not replying sooner ,its been busy here today .
Vog did the detect and repair and it seems to have done the trick ,many thanks to all who posted ,kindest regards-Hol Pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…