Can I reformat a DVD+RW?

Bobnik 13:28 14 Mar 07

For some reason 2 DVD+DW discs I have used in the past will not erase or record over. Is there a way to re-format them? Nero & DVD Dycrypter willl not let me do this.

Kate B 13:35 14 Mar 07

I wouldn't rely on rewritable DVDs - as you're discovering, they don't really bear repeated use. If you can't make it work in Nero, I suspect the DVD is corrupted in some way.

Phphred 13:42 14 Mar 07

Have you tried Nero's INCD to format, although you should wipe it first with nero and it should do that?

eedcam 13:48 14 Mar 07

Kate I use RW's all the time for tv programmes so far had no problems depends a lot which ones you use. Bobnik have a look here maybe your burner needs updating click here

Bobnik 13:49 14 Mar 07

Thanks for the advice. INCD was not able to rectify the issue either. I suspect I have gained 2 matching coasters!

Bobnik 13:52 14 Mar 07

Thanks eedcam the writer and firmware are up to date. I am using a Sony DVD RW DW Q31A

postie24 17:02 14 Mar 07

Dvd rw,s are an unstable format to save data on,but are fine for recording and erasing tv programmes etc use dvd r,s instead for saving data.

Bobnik 17:25 14 Mar 07

Thanks Postie24 I have only been using the disc's for temporary photo slide shows. I have just managed to re-format using my DVD/HDD recorder. so I can now use the disc's for Tv instead of coasters.

Thanks again for everyones help

postie24 17:41 14 Mar 07

Glad you sorted it

Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…