Can I recover my lost pictures?

Audeal 12:11 01 Oct 03

I have a "Aiptek Mega Camera" with inbuilt 16mb (128 Mbits)Flash memory plus 8Mb (64Mbits)SDRam. This is a digital camera which I purchased from "The Gadget Store" a few weeks ago. click here
This Ram in non removable and is inbuilt. This ram is not shown as an extra drive in "My Computer" as is the case with some cameras.

After a recent visit to the Tower of London, My pictures would not download onto the PC. I tried re-installing the drivers and software but they still failed to download. I tried Photo shop, Irfanview and various other software to no avail. So in the end I had to cut my losses and re-set the camera to make it work correctly, but in doing so I lost all 40 pictures that I took. I and my sister who came with me are very disappointed with this loss.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to recover these pictures from the memory, and if so, how it can be done. I have Windows XP Pro.

My thanks, in anticipation.
Audeal.

recap 12:21 01 Oct 03

Due to the memory being in built, I don't think you can unless they were backed up on your computer.

'oppy 12:23 01 Oct 03

Audeal, try this website click here they may be able to help.
good luck...'oppy

spikeychris 12:31 01 Oct 03

recap is probably right but some users have tried McAfee Nuts & Bolts with success.

Make sure that you do not use the camera again before trying to recover
lost files or you run the risk of overwriting them.

click here for a popular site to the camera groups. One of the links is recomended by lots of users...don't know which one.

Audeal 13:37 01 Oct 03

Thanks for your responses. Recap: I am inclined to agree with you that I will not be able to recover the lost pics.

'oppy: Thanks for the link. I took a look at it but they are asking for the rem to be sent to them an my ram is inbuilt and can not be removed, so that one is not going to help.

spikeychris: I will look into the Nut & Bolts option. I have used the camera and taken three pictures to check the functioning of the camera since resetting it, so the remaining pictures should still be intact. Will Nuts & Bolts work with the built in ram?. I think my son has it on his computer so I will give him a ring and see what he has to say about it.

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017