can I recover files if I pressed Shift+delete

Sturmey 20:00 01 Aug 03

Just done a really silly thing I accidentally deleted a folder I used shift+delete to do it so the folder is not in the recycle bin :( I haven't restarted my pc yet I'm using windows xp pro, any help appreciated. thanks

Ironman556 20:06 01 Aug 03

It's not posible to just go to a folder and hit restore, but there is software avaliable which will attempt to recover it for you, but having never needed to use it I don't know what to suggest.

Don't install anything or do anything that will write much to the hard drive, as it increases the risk of overwriting and making it more difficult to recover.

Sorry I can't be more useful, but at least you know you've got a possibility of getting it back.

polar_king 20:24 01 Aug 03

which version of windows

toxin 20:26 01 Aug 03

Try PC Inspector from click here.

If you haven't overwritten the files it should recover them for you.

Hope this helps, Toxin.

rawprawn 20:28 01 Aug 03

There are several about, I use Restoration which is very good. I'm sorry I can't give you the address but you should find it by doing a search in google,(mine came on a cd from PCA Mag)Try not to use your delete so as not to overwrite it before you try to restore it. There is another called Disc Rescue.Good luck

polar_king 20:30 01 Aug 03

LC Technology International, Inc.
click here

recovery software for ntfs & fat 32

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…