can i recover data from a formatted drive

andrew-196854 12:42 14 Apr 05

does anybody know if i could recover data from a partion on my hard drive its in fat 32 its where my operating system was windows xp many thanks

Technotiger 12:54 14 Apr 05

Hi, I would say it is not impossible but very very unlikely. It can be done, by the experts, but is a very very costly business.

Cheers.

VoG II 12:55 14 Apr 05

Possibly click here

stlucia 12:57 14 Apr 05

Type "recover data format" or something similar into Google, and you'll get lots of hits like this one click here which claim to be able to do it. I've never had to do it myself, so can't vouch for any of them.

pj123 13:33 14 Apr 05

Not impossible but not guaranteed. Try the links supplied by VoG™ and stlucia first and see how you get on.

The latest price I got from a professional recovery firm was £450 for a 20gb hard drive but still no guarantee given.

You could also try this link given by happy dragon, scroll down a bit and PC Inspector File Recovery looks good, but there are many others listed as well.

click here

tarkus 13:44 14 Apr 05

if you go to click here and look for easy recovery professional programs you can recover from a reformated drive, a drive with no file structure etc i,ve had to use this program myself when wasn't watching what i was doing and managed to formate the wrong drive, think you can download a demo version which will show you the files / folders that could be recovered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…