Can I record off built in CD to create small wavs?

montyburns 19:26 10 Oct 03

I'd like to take very small chunks of sound off a CD to use as WAV type files for startup and shutdown sounds (and similar)

I can copy whole tracks off CD, but without buying extra software, is there any way to edit bits of these down? Sound recorder type prog would be good, but doesn't this only work with a microphone?

moore_mat 19:44 10 Oct 03

No, Windows only has the players, and Media Player will only take whole tracks.

Your best bet is to get some other software.

GoldWave is a very popular choice (click here ) but is also shareware, so you'd have to pay for it after so long. The best (most popular) free program seems to be Sound Engine - I've not tried it myself, but you can check out this link, which also contains other options for you to try:-
click here

Regards

Mat

pj123 20:13 10 Oct 03

Sound Recorder which comes with windows 98se will, by default only record up to 30 seconds, if you need more than that you have to keep hitting the record button after every 30 seconds. But you can stop and start it wherever you like.

canard 20:19 10 Oct 03

click here is a good free CD ripper. when you have copied your track to HD you can take out the bit you want with sound recorder [start-progs-accessories-entertainment].Or if you need a longer clip this is free and works well
click here

woodchip 20:24 10 Oct 03

If you have NERO it does include Wave editor in Version 5.5 so you can cut and thrust

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…