Can I put emails into Outlook?

coolteentom 09:48 14 Apr 04

Hi,

I have a folder of emails, which I would like to put into Microsoft Outlook 2000. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks

tom

PTB007 10:07 14 Apr 04

You can certainly import them into Outlook by selecting file and then import and export.
Where is you folder of emails located? In another mail programme?

coolteentom 10:12 14 Apr 04

They're in My Documents

PTB007 10:18 14 Apr 04

How did the emails get there initially and what file extension is attached to them? (eg .pst)

coolteentom 10:24 14 Apr 04

The extentions are .eml, and they are there from Outlook Express (Save as...)

I saved them there because I wanted to move them to a different User Account (The Document folder is shared).

PTB007 10:35 14 Apr 04

You could do the following, assuming outlook express is on the same pc..
From within Outlook, Select File then import and export, then Import Internet mail and addresses, then outlook express, uncheck import address book and import rules (if that is the case), then click on finish.
It will import all the mails from outlook express to the outlook inbox so you may have to clean up within outlook.

coolteentom 11:11 14 Apr 04

I have tried this, but the problem is that because it is on a different User Account, there is no emails in Outlook Express (because it is on the different User Account, which I have not used)...

PTB007 11:58 14 Apr 04

I've just tried to replicate your problem and it appears to work fine for me. I'll describe what I've done and you can then see if you've done anything differently.

From within Outlook express, select File, export, messages then click OK. Select the option selected folders and select the folder(s) you wish to export then click OK and close outlook express.

Then from within Outlook, Select File then import and export, then Import Internet mail and addresses, click next then outlook express, uncheck import address book and import rules (if that is the case), then click on finish. Click on save in inbox and your emails should be in Outlook express.

You've mentioned different user accounts, are you referrring to network accounts and if so can you not do this process logged in as the same person?

PTB007 12:16 14 Apr 04

Ignore the paragraph "Then from within Outlook, Select File then import and export, then Import Internet mail and addresses, click next then outlook express, uncheck import address book and import rules (if that is the case), then click on finish. Click on save in inbox and your emails should be in Outlook express.

"
Either paragraph should do the whole process.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:56 14 Apr 04

Post them to yourself?

G

coolteentom 21:23 16 Apr 04

I am using Windows XP, and the 2 different user accounts are on the same computer (no network), but log on as different user names, each with unique settings, (so when I tried putting it into Outlook, it only did it into the one user account.

I imported the emails - as you said - into Outlook, then from Outlook exported them into a personal folder file (.pst) and then copied this file into the other account and opened it in Outlook.

Thanks for your help,
Tom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…