Can I put dv film on a CD/R or RW

billy2 20:01 21 Jan 03
  billy2 20:01 21 Jan 03

Can anyone help please, I have a dv camcorder and camera, can i put videos and pictures on a cdr/rw and play them back on a dv player.
Any help would be greatfull

residentfox 20:17 21 Jan 03

try super dvd ripper makes dvds from avi /mpeg/mpeg2/vob files.av at

billyliv 20:21 21 Jan 03

Hi, You will need a 'Combo' unit to do what you are asking. Cheers, Bill

billyliv 20:31 21 Jan 03

Hi, Sorry, disregard my last will need video editing software but you wont get an awful lot on a CD/R cheers, Bill

siouxah1 22:46 21 Jan 03

Yes you can do both.

For Dv camcorder you will require a capture card. Usually these days it is a Firewire card, also known as 1394. Assuming your camera has firewire out.In addition you will need a video editing prog, usually bundled with your capture card. Then you will require a CDRW drive to burn your masterpiece to disc. If you wish to output from PC to DV cam you must have a DV in enabled camera.

For digital photos there are two methods.

1. Drag the photos into a video editing prog and then write to disc.

2. Use a prog that will produce slide shows. Then burn this to CDR.

3. Nero burning for instance will write slide shows but the limit is 99 photos.

You will be able to get about 30 - 35 mins of SVCD on a CDR. You will also need to ensure that your standalone player will support playing CDR.

If you burn at VCD you should get up to an hour on a CDR.

Feel free to ask more if you want more info. There are other keen video editors as members of this forum.

Regards Brian

siouxah1 22:51 21 Jan 03

Further to my last you might like to have a look here. click here Lots of good relevant information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…