Can I move my website???

Seth Haniel 12:41 05 Apr 08

My Website is on Tiscali at the momement but due to their shoddy service I have cancelled and am going back to BT. Is this website lost or can it be transferred??
Or will it all have to be reuploaded to BT
Any ideas

kindly 13:56 05 Apr 08

If you have a copy of your site on your computer and I guess you will, then the site that was on the Tiscali server will disaper. You will just need the new settings for your new isp and use the ftp program to upload to the new one. I did the same when changing from v21 over to talktalk and had no problems.
Hope this helps you.

MAJ 15:19 05 Apr 08

Tiscali WILL remove your site, so get it backed up quickly if you haven't already. The only problem you might have is that you must be using a Tiscali connection to connect to your site, if you're betwwen Tiscali and BT connections, do it quickly.

Forum Editor 18:39 05 Apr 08

you'll almost certainly have a copy of your site on your hard-drive; you did keep a back-up, didn't you?

That being the case, all you have to do is upload everything to your free BT webspace when you get it.

Seth Haniel 15:17 06 Apr 08

just the mamoth task as well over a hundred pages etc.
BT arranged for Friday

kindly 15:22 06 Apr 08

Good luck seth, let us know when its up in lights so we can have a look.

Forum Editor 22:20 15 Apr 08

because it contained a personal email address.

maybe you could try that url again?

DieSse 23:51 15 Apr 08

There's more to it than just uploading the site to your new hosting space, if you have a domain name.

You'll have to set your domain name to point to the new server.

DieSse 23:55 15 Apr 08

You might be better off having your site hosted independently of your ISP.

Awardspace will give you free hosting space, no ads, a good service, and even free subdomain names.

click here

If you don't have a domain name, you can have a free suubdomain in the form

youname.awardspace.com

which is usually much nicer than the tortuous ones you get in free ISP space.

Seth Haniel 08:30 16 Apr 08

afraid the URL from BT is on Geocities and uses the email address as part of its URL -
and also though the adverts have gone that plague normal Geocities 'free' sites. The usage limit is still there.
So BT still not providing as standard what every other ISP seems to ;(

will close thread

For25orLess 18:42 20 Apr 08

Hello, please check out this ebook that gives great information on free webhosting and low cost one time domain name fee. It has great info! Check out click here. It is
the best info that I have found detailing the best way to get the lowest prices and no monthly fees on web hosting or domain names. You pay a one time low price and you are up and running!
Hope this help! PS. All the best in moving your website!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…