Can i move this file?

ZEROTOLERANCE 19:44 31 May 04

i want to change the address of the MY MUSIC folder from the C drive to the F drive, but i have a partioned drive (10+10=20gb)is it as simple as just renaming it and changing C to F?
and what about all the music thats stored there?

i await your advice.

ZT

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:02 31 May 04

the other query is, at the moment any music files i download automaticaly go to C\MY MUSIC, will they know to go to F\MY MUSIC when its changed? or will i have to change something?

Fruit Bat 20:05 31 May 04

Use explorer to drag and drop your My Music folder to F drive: Check that the files still work in your media program by double clicking on.

Then delete My Music from C drive

Use the option/tool menu in your music prog (music match. winamp)to change where it stores the music files

spikeychris 20:06 31 May 04

Fruit bat are you sure that works?? what happens at a reboot?

Irishman 20:08 31 May 04

I think that Windows just recreates the My Music folder in the C drive on a reboot.

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:08 31 May 04

Fruit Bat thanx but, yes what happens?

spikeychris 20:10 31 May 04

I cant see how you can move the my music folder but you can move the my docs folder...

If you were to right click the My Documents folder on the Desktop or Explorer and
choose Properties you can
then change the Target Location to whatever you want. The location would be
F:\ Therefore all My Documents
folders are like follows:

f:\My Music

f:\My Videos

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:10 31 May 04

it wont wipe out all the contents then?

Will it???

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:13 31 May 04

wouldnt it be easier then, to just move the whole my documents folder to the F drive??

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:15 31 May 04

drag and drop it into the F drive i mean,

spikeychris 20:16 31 May 04

Don't think you have much choice...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…