//some 3rd party need geo

can I manually delete ....

woofwoofbark 19:36 08 Jun 04

the files in
C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files --- in here I clicked on a program in the file named VeiwAllSubjects and got a popup saying "a system command on this item might be unsafe.Do you wish to continue? Yes or No"

and

C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Temp

plus

C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\History

they are in temporary files but when I run disk cleanup they are not removed ??

what should I do ?

cheers for help

geo

MartinT-B 19:52 08 Jun 04

Assuming XP, and assuming Internet Explorer; try this:

From IE Click Tools -> Internet options -> On teh General Tab click the Delete Files Button in teh Temporary Internet Files Sections (middle) and the click the Clear History button from teh History Section (at the bottom).

That should delete your entire internet history and your temp internet files.

Fruit Bat 19:55 08 Jun 04

Tools /Internet properties / delete files will get rid of them.

/\0/\

woofwoofbark 20:21 08 Jun 04

ive tried all that a few times ... My Local Settings folder is hidden from view but when I click on the C:drive then Documents and Settings/George/ .. I then have to manually type in Local Settings ... the History/Temp/Temporary Internet Folders are in there plus right click on my computer for disk cleanup which deletes files .. but the folder Local Settings is always full , im not sure wether to manually delete them incase something on the comp goes haywire ... but if they are only temp it should be ok to manually delete them , right ?

ianeon 20:28 08 Jun 04

Go to click here and download "windowscleanup" this will help you with your problem

MartinT-B 20:35 08 Jun 04

@ george: Right. If they are temp you can safely delete them from within the folder (I THINK with 98 you could acually delete the entire folder, and it would be recreated when you restarted the PC, but I wouldn't do that with XP).

smudge101 23:38 08 Jun 04

Hi George, if you are using windows XP then delete the temp files, I do it at least once a day and there are no problems with it.

woofwoofbark 02:03 09 Jun 04

the link to click here worked 100% , cheers for your info !!!

im on XP Home Edition ... the cleanup that ianeon recommended , I second it ...

cheers everyone !

geo

wawadave 06:54 09 Jun 04

hello
you could delete it useing free program moveonboot
it will be deleted next time you reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…