Can i make a website without paying an eCommerce Software company

TomRyan 18:01 01 May 14

I want to make a website but i dont know much about code. Is there a way of making a website with a programme i can download and then just buy the domain name and host it say with ipage? I want to make a website with the lowest monthly payments basically, how can i do this without using websites like wix which charge so much for their monthly service.

wiz-king 13:00 02 May 14

Do you want to take credit cards? If you do then you will have to have a company bank account and use a third party card handler. If you just want a descriptive website then use a company like Namesco

Proclaimer 22:31 03 May 14

Zen Cart is free and is great for a store front. Needs hosting with a database.

Forum Editor 07:28 05 May 14

Zen Cart (mentioned by Proclaimer) is an excellent way to set up an e-commerce site if you are on a strict budget, but remember that your site must be hosted by someone, and you'll be paying for that. If you're going to sell via your website you must obviously have a bank account. Provided that's the case you can take credit card payments with a PayPal account, once the bank account has been verified.

Paypal will not charge you anything to open and setup the account, but it will charge you a transaction fee, each time you sell something. There's no way to avoid that, and it will apply whichever software you use to set up your site.

HaiNH1993 08:45 15 May 14

@TomRyan Are you using Wordpress? I'm using Wordpress and i can make it become an e-commerce website by using plugins. Some of plugins are all FREE. You can use WP e-Commerce Plugin. The price for Wordpress's e-commerce plugins is cheaper than the price if you hire e-commerce website service.

My Wordpress site runs perfectly with WP e-commerce plugin and you can also try to use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…