Can I make a recovery CD?

Joe R 19:08 02 Nov 06

Following on from my thread yesterday.click here

My problem now, is to try and make a recovery disk, from the hidden partition (all files in view), so that the person who owns the pc, won't have this problem in future, if a format is needed.

Can anyone tell me what files other than "i386", and "restore" will have to be added to the CD,? and also, is what I am trying to do possible, without the original program.?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:14 02 Nov 06

make / model of PC?

Joe R 19:24 02 Nov 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\,

sorry for taking so long, I got caught up on the phone.

The P.C. is an emachines 5260.

iarno 16:51 03 Nov 06

Joe R

I was reading this the other day. dont know if its of any help to you. if it is good luck
click here

I

Phphred 17:25 03 Nov 06

Why dont you make a backup disk with Acronis?

woodchip 17:53 03 Nov 06

As above yes you can with Acronis True Image 9 click here

Joe R 17:55 03 Nov 06

iarno,

thank you for the link, although it won't do for the task at hand, I have bookmarked it for further use.

Phphred, If I use acronis for backup, I am still left with the "iffy" installation.

Thank you for the replies, with the P.C. now on it's way back to the owner, i'll tick as resolved.

Phphred 18:58 03 Nov 06

How will you be left with an "iffy" situation?

Phphred 19:00 03 Nov 06

Sorry "installation"

Joe R 19:23 03 Nov 06

Phphred,

because it was reinstalled, using my own XP home CD with SP2, and unfortunately I can't get a keychanger which will allow me to install the original serial.

The P.C. will not be going online until the end of next week, so I have plenty time to work it out.

VoG II 19:27 03 Nov 06

Keychanger click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…