Can I make changes to Windows Address Book ?

doorman 19:53 20 Mar 03

Is it possable to change field names, remove unwanted fields and make other changes to the way address book works ?

Thanks

Matt

howard60 22:13 20 Mar 03

you can delete and you can correct an entry but that is about it.

exodus 22:28 20 Mar 03

You could try opening OE and then export your address book as a comma seperated values file and you are then given the option of what fields to export. I assume from that, it will then import the fields you saved into a new address book. Try it and see what happens. Make sure you have a back up first.

doorman 22:42 21 Mar 03

Thanks for your replies, tried an export/import into a new folder, but all the empty fields that I want to be rid of still remain.

I was hoping to slim down address book and make it easier to use and change some of the field names, eg. state/province and Zip Code.

Anyone else any ideas ?

Thanks again

doorman 11:12 23 Mar 03

Anyone else with any ideas,

thanks

MAJ 11:39 23 Mar 03

I don't think it's possible, doorman, you would have to edit the base code in the actual Address book program, much like you would edit the HTML in an online form.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…