Can I keep 'My Recent Documents' empty?

BoyWonderUK 14:06 02 Aug 04

I dont't want anyone else who uses the pc to see what is in 'My Recent Documents' on my XP pc. I am not interested in seeing what others in my family record in there either. Can I do it? I know it can be done in 98SE which I had before, but dont know how to keep it empty in XP.

cga 14:13 02 Aug 04

Suggest you set up different accounts then they will have their own "recent documents"

This also has the benefit that they will have their own Favorites, browser history and can have their own email database.

BoyWonderUK 14:16 02 Aug 04

Thanks for the info, cga. This is a bit difficult because of my cicumstances. I know how to clear the contents but they just get populated again.

victor meldrew 14:17 02 Aug 04

if you right click start menu >properties>startmenu>customize>advanced and take the tick out of show my recent documents I hope this is want you want

Sethhaniel 14:21 02 Aug 04

CCLEANER.EXE

gets rid of all cookies etc,.

Chegs ® 14:27 02 Aug 04

Or "Customiser XP" It can be cfg'ed to "clear recent docs" or even remove this option from the start menu.(its not a freeware app tho')I just had a look for it,but it gave me dozens of french links. :-)

rawprawn 14:28 02 Aug 04

click here MRU Blaster will clear out all recently used items on your computer very efficiently. It has a scheduler which will run in the sytem tray and clean as often as you want from 1 second to 1 hour in between. You can also run it manually.

BoyWonderUK 14:43 02 Aug 04

Thanks, guys. Some sound advice. Can't wait to get home and do the biz (at work right now!)

david4637 20:36 02 Aug 04

How did you prevent docs going into the Recent folder on your W98SE PC? Thanks David

Valvegrid 22:01 02 Aug 04

Sorry to hijack BoyWonderUK's thread, but if you use TweakUI you can turn off recent documents in Win98, there's also a XP version that probably does the same, I haven't tried it because I don't run XP.

click here

david4637 14:44 03 Aug 04

Thanks for suggesting using TweakUI. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…