Can I install Win XP over Linspre Linux Op System

Barnacarry 19:47 18 Apr 06

I am thinking of buying a new base unit which has a Linspire Linux Operating System as standard and, as I already have Win XP Home operating system, how easy would it be to replace the former with the latter?

SG Atlantis® 20:13 18 Apr 06

Easily.

If your xp came preinstalled it can't be moved. If it's a bought retail copy, then as I said easily.

But why not buy with xp? What's the machine?

teak goblin 20:16 18 Apr 06

Barnacarry
to replace linux with xp i think all you need to do is put the xp cd in the drive and it should ask you if you want to format the drive and install xp
make sure the boot from cd is set to boot first in the bios
if this is not the case im sure someone will let you know,
you could allways keep linux on the drive and put xp on

hope this is of some help

TG

SG Atlantis® 20:18 18 Apr 06

click here

duplicate thread

teak goblin 20:35 18 Apr 06

SG Atlantis

cheers

Barnacarry 05:53 19 Apr 06

The model that I'm looking at is in the classified section of the June edition of PC Advisor - Time Power PC A64-3200 19" - which, at £499, Seems very good value. As I've had a Time machine since 2000 with very few problems it would seem the perfect upgrade. Anyway, thank you all for the info. I shall go ahead and get one and change the OS. (Keeping my fingers crossed)

Barnacarry 05:54 19 Apr 06

The model that I'm looking at is in the classified section of the June edition of PC Advisor - Time Power PC A64-3200 19" - which, at £499, Seems very good value. As I've had a Time machine since 2000 with very few problems it would seem the perfect upgrade. Anyway, thank you all for the info. I shall go ahead and get one and change the OS. (Keeping my fingers crossed)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…