can i install games on a usb drive

kakellie 23:22 23 Jun 05

I have a company laptop and company policy does not allow me to install games or any other software onto there computers.Can i run software from a usb drive,without it running on the laptops hard drive.

Completealias 23:32 23 Jun 05

Unless it was a standalone exe file like say hijack this that does not need to install itself then no I don't think you can

kakellie 21:40 29 Jun 05

what is hijack

woodchip 21:44 29 Jun 05

When you load a Program even if on external drive, the program, game, loads files on to C:\ and writs info to Registry so it can mess the computer up. Plus games would run slow on external drive

ACOLYTE 21:46 29 Jun 05

I dont think you could do this with most modern games as they need access to drivers and the operating system and the system
regestry.

HTH

Completealias 01:16 30 Jun 05

Hijack this is a program that is used to find spyware on a pc and does not need to install itself on the computer it is a standalone program, you could therefore run a program such as this off a usb drive.

As has been said games and other programs need to install themselves into the system and could not be run from a usb drive. Saying that there are small flash games that you can find on the net that are satndalone pograms that can run without installation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac