Can I install 2 USB printers on the same PC?

Henmin 15:44 20 Apr 04

Hi Folks,

I have a Lexmark USB All-in-one printer/Scanner/copier installed on my PC. The cartridges for these machine are quite small for the printing I do. I have been given another Lexmark USB printer as a gift can I install this too on the same PC. This printer has the larger cartridges

Thanks

Henmin

Agent Smith 15:49 20 Apr 04

Try it and see. I have a USB Canon i550 and a Serial Canon LBP660 on my PC.

Simsy 16:09 20 Apr 04

The fact that both USB devices are printers would seem to be irrelevant to me.

The only thing that might be a consideration is possible compatibility between USB1 and USB2 devices, i.e. if the PC only has USB1 slots and the printer is USB2, it will only work at USB1 speed.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

JayDay 16:10 20 Apr 04

Can't see why not. Just remember to select the right printer when you go to print. Only one can be the default printer.

Curio 17:14 20 Apr 04

Absolutely no problem. As JayDay says, don't forget to make the printer you want to use the default

€dstowe 18:49 20 Apr 04

We have several machine with multiple printers. The only problem to arise is having two printer models the same.

There is one machine here with four physical printers and two virtual printers (a fax and a pdf writer). It works perfectly OK.

€d

britto 19:24 20 Apr 04

I had a lexmark x73 and tried to run a lexmark p706 at the same time,could not get them to run on the same machine but Lexmark techs said they had them running together ok. might have been my OS (ME). Do you know there are high and moderate use cartriges for the printers.

Henmin 11:43 21 Apr 04

Agent Smith, Simsy, JayDay, Curio, €dstowe,britto,

Thanks alot for your HELP. I have an All-In-One Lexmark X1150. OS is 98SE. I shall give it a try. My daughter got the Z708 for half price from PC World. I thought I'd return it and get a duel Parallel/USB put being sold at half price they won't take it back for an exchange or refund though I have not taken it out of the box.

henmin

Henmin 14:44 23 Apr 04

Agent Smith, Simsy, JayDay, Curio, €dstowe,britto,

Thanks. Lexmark Z708 Installed and working. But the voice, "Printing Started," quivers.

Can I rectify this or shut it off?

Henmin

Curio 17:29 23 Apr 04

Click onLexmark Solution Centre, click onMore printing ideas and how to's.
Click on Advanced (bottom icon)
Click on Printing Status
Remove check mark from Sound at bottom of list
Click OK

Curio 17:31 23 Apr 04

PS You may have to do it on both printers both being Lexmark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…