Can I instal Microsoft Office Small Bus on 2 comps

curly 15:57 05 Jul 08

Recently I purchased a new laptop with Microsoft Office Small Business installed. It came with the two CDs for that software. I am about to buy a new desktop computer. Am I allowed to install the Small Business package on my new dektop computer?

DieSse 16:02 05 Jul 08

The license agreement that came with your original software will specify if you can install on a second system or not. It may vary if you bought the OEM version (probably you did if it came with a new system) - or if you bought the retail version.

In any case you can install the free Open Office or Lotus Symphony (based on Open Office) on as many systems as you wish. Is that a better deal?

curly 16:08 05 Jul 08

I need to use Powerpoint. Do the other programmes allow this?

lotvic 22:42 05 Jul 08

I would say Yes you are allowed to install on Desktop as well as Laptop.

To understand your usage rights, you can view the Office end-user license agreement (EULA) by doing the following:

1. On the Help menu, click About <product name - I used the Word Help menu>.
2. Click View the End-User License Agreement.

My EULA states:
Installation and use. You may:
(a) install and use a copy of the software on one personal computer or other device; and
(b) install an additional copy of the software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the software.

woodchip 23:31 05 Jul 08

Best way is to try it

DieSse 00:46 06 Jul 08

Yes, Open Office can read powerpoint files, and has a Presentation module just like powerpoint.

curly 12:26 06 Jul 08

Thanks very much for your help and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…