can i have your thoughts on this mb

musiclady 11:02 31 Oct 03

the A7V8X-MX WITH A 2.4 CPU

intrested in hearing peoples thoughts about this m/b as i am ordering it tonight

look @ dabs.com find this mb & there are reviews to read some probs highlighted most say good mb

skeletal 11:40 31 Oct 03

I bought its cousin, the A7N8X and am running it with a 2700+. I am mostly pleased with mine except it would not allow me to use one USB1 device. ASUS did not reply to an email I sent asking about the problem.

The board was physically bigger than my old one (an MSI something!) so a bit of minor screwdriving and adding of insulating pillars was needed.

The reason I did not go for the V version, in my limited understanding of such things, is that the VIA chipset may have problems with USB compatibility!! Whereas the nVidia chipset is better. Given my only problem was with the USB, I dread to think what a "poorer" version would do!

Try click here they may have some reviews (or do a search, there are loads of geek sites out there that will have much to say!).

Skeletal

MjM Hellfire 11:46 31 Oct 03

I have the A7V8X with an AMD 2400XP, 1024 PC2700 DDR, SB AUDIGY 5.1 & G-Force Ti4600, Sony DVD & CDRW plus two 40gb hard drives and it is excellent.

The board has never gave me any problems at all and I always buy ASUS motherboards for my home network.

It has a nice little utility that automatically flashes your BIOS as well if needed, so the days of worrying about flashing the old bios are over...just back it up 1st: it gives you that option as well.

A very good buy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…