can i have your old pc?

dfghjkl 19:22 15 Feb 04

hello,i recently read in a pc mag that millions of old pc,s are dumped every year,and it is causing problems.i belive some are sent to third world countries,but many are just dumped,causing recycling problems.i dont know the figure for this country ,or even the thames valley area,but i only want one,or even some bits.having upgraded my present pc i am left with some components and my three kids are always on my pc and i cant get a look in some nights.what i want to do is build up a pc for them ,i have mobo,cpu,psu,etc.what i actualy need is a monitor,tower (capable of taking an atx mobo with a backing plate)cdrom drive,keyboard and maybe a spare hard drive.or a complete system that doesnt work.i dont need a working pc.i guess it may cost a bit to post so i can collect,i am in the newbury area of berkshire,so reading,oxford,basingstoke etc.i know this may be a bit cheeky,but my mother said "if you dont ask,you dont get".also i dont want to offend anyone by asking,or upset any members of this forum,so i apologise in advance if offended.i have been given an item through this forum before and seen others offered,so hopefully this is acceptable and a one off.thanks,peter.

rawprawn 19:42 15 Feb 04

I have a spare monitor, but I live in Yorkshire

spikeychris 19:44 15 Feb 04

Your a week late for me, I got rid of all sorts last week. I do have 3 15" monitors but the cost to get them to you would be more than they are worth......

spikeychris 19:44 15 Feb 04

lets open a monitor shop...

Chegs ® 20:02 15 Feb 04

I have a 21" sitting about gathering dust.I tried selling it on Ebay,but no-one was willing to pay postage for an item weighing over 35Kilos.Even the PO refused it.I'm out in the sticks(W Cumbria)so its unlikely you would want to travel up here for it.

Another monitor in Yorkshire.

dfghjkl 20:31 15 Feb 04

thanks for your offers,you are good people,hopefully someone in the south is reading this,and can come to the rescue,if not we can start a swap shop web site (you read it here first)

dfghjkl 20:35 15 Feb 04

ps i have to pick my daughter up from hilton park services on the m6 next sunday so,that opens up more area,banbury,warickshire,nec area,etc

Ben.s 20:42 15 Feb 04

hi fjgdfjg(its simaliar)
im gettin a new monitor and i live in bristol u could buy my old one of me it has a microphone and speakers built in where do u live abouts?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:51 15 Feb 04

'u could buy my old one of me'...*cough*dfghjkl is asking for contributions aka free.

G

gob14 21:03 15 Feb 04

try your local recycling center or council tip as these type of places keep lots of old computers and some get paid to dispose of monitors you would be surprised what gets thrown away

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac