Can I have two C drives and 2 Win Me on one PC?

bemuzed 11:06 18 Sep 05

I have two PCS, both running Windows Me. One has a broken motherboard and I am taking to opportunity to dump the old one and buy a new AMD64. Unfortunatley I have data on the HDD of the old PC. It is partitioned into a C drive and D drive and I think Win Me is on the C partition as is my data. Before you shout too loudly I did back data up, but not that recently.
Can I take the HDD from the broken PC and add into the working PC? It will have two HDDs, with 2 C drives and two versions of Win Me. I would like to just copy the data of the old HDD then I'll probabaly reforamt and leave in working PC.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:13 18 Sep 05

If I put into another PC to recover I'll have two C drives each with ME on it.

Not so It will show as a second drive (D:) on your new PC if you fit as slave. Becareful that opening the new PC will not invalidate warrenty.

You could load your old drive into an external caddy plugged into USB port and extract the files. click here

bemuzed 13:59 18 Sep 05

thanks. Sounds easy (famous last words I hope not).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…