Can I have a personal Cloud?

jimforrest 19 Aug 12

I work extensively from home, but some of the files that I generate can be pretty large - pdf's of 30mb are not uncommon. In the past I have split the files into 8mb chunks for emailing, or sent them via CD's. Now I've heard about this Cloud thingy. Can I get one where I can dump large files on so that my office/clients can download them? If not a Cloud - then some other way of doing it?

northumbria61 19 Aug 12

File size limitations see here - the file sizes are in Gigabytes so shouldn't be any problem for you. enter link description here

Woolwell 19 Aug 12

The problem may well be your upload speed. It could take time uploading 30Mb.

northumbria61 19 Aug 12

There is one example here of the benefits although I don't have any personal knowledge of it - enter link description here no doubt there are other options if you Google for them.

jimforrest 19 Aug 12

Great stuff chaps - I signed up for Sugarsync and it looks good. Now all I need to do is learn how to use it!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message