Can I have more power plz and how?

goose1984 20:59 02 Feb 05

Hiya all

I have just bought a new case for my self which has blue lights on the front. These are powered by the same type of connections as you power a CDROM or a DVD player or a Hard Drive (dunno what the connection is called sorry). My PSU only has 4 of these connections and I use all of the 4 up (2 hdd's, 1 DVD, 1DVDR). At the moment if I want the lights to work I have to use one of the connections which would go to the DVD's. Is there a way of getting more connections without buying a new PSU? is there such a thing maybe as a Y splitter?

Thanks In Advance

pete-290318 21:04 02 Feb 05

y splitters readily available from any pc shop. I'm surprised the case didnt already have one connected to the light power lead

pete-290318 21:05 02 Feb 05

just thought ..... the case lead will probably have 1 socket and 1 plug so that you just connect it between any of your psu plugs ... have a closer look

goose1984 21:07 02 Feb 05

Ok thanks could you plz tell me what the connection is so I can go to the pc shop tomorrow and ask for one without looking stupid lol

pete-290318 21:19 02 Feb 05

just ask for a power supply splitter cable ... they'll know what you want. The connectors have a name but I need prompting coz I cant think what it is .... It'll come to me soon

pete-290318 21:22 02 Feb 05

new it would come back to me .... molex connectors ... That term very rarely gets used though

goose1984 21:30 02 Feb 05

OK thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…