Can I have Hibernate assigned to a keyboard hotkey

FatboySlim71 08:50 01 Jun 07

I have a Logitech media keybaord, with this keyboard I have some keys on it which I can assign various functions like, open program, load web page etc, one of the functions that I can assign is KEYSTROKE ASSIGNMENT, I was wondering if it is possible to program one of these keys with an instruction etc that would then Hibernate the pc once I had pressed it.

Technotiger 09:41 01 Jun 07

Hi, you should be able to do what you want, and probably more, with just about any of these ...

click here

FatboySlim71 09:53 01 Jun 07

Thanks Technotiger for your reply its much appreciated, ill try some of the programs from your link and ill post back a reply in due course.

FatboySlim71 20:19 01 Jun 07

Thanks for the help Technotiger, but I could not find a program that would do what I was wanting. The nearest I could get to doing what I wanted was by placing an icon on to my quick launch toolbar, this then allowed me to click on it and put the computer into hibernation. I will list the site below that showed me the procedure. Thanks again for your help Technotiger its much appreciated.

click here

Technotiger 20:40 01 Jun 07

How about this one then - Free ...

click here

FatboySlim71 20:45 01 Jun 07

Thanks for that Technotiger, I had not come across that while I was looking around the net before, ill give it a go and post back in due course. Thanks again.

FatboySlim71 21:58 01 Jun 07

I downloaded the program from the link on your last post Technotiger. It does say on the site where I downloaded Direct Shutdown that,

"You can set a keyboard shortcut for any action - shutdown, reboot, hibernate, standby, lock, logoff"

But for the life of me I cannot find out how to do this, I have been in the settings but all this would allow me to do would be to alter the Hotkey sequence. I think i'll just keep my icon for Hibernate on my quick launch toolbar, it may be easier. Thanks a lot anyway Technotiger its been much appreciated.

Technotiger 22:40 01 Jun 07

OK, maybe you will find out how, if you are anything like me, I don't like giving up - if I can't sort something first time, I nearly always go back to the problem time after time, usually (but not always) getting there in the end.

Anyway, it has been my pleasure - Cheers....

Technotiger 22:55 01 Jun 07

I downloaded/installed Direct Shutdown to see exactly what you meant - On the settings window, against Suspend Feature and against Hibernate Feature, I had the comment 'Not supported by your hardware' - assuming that means my keyboard. But obviously if my keyboard had supported those features I would have been able to set my own hot-keys.

FatboySlim71 23:05 01 Jun 07

Technotiger.
Thanks for the update, I will keep on trying and see what happens. If all else fails at least I have my icon on my quicklaunch toolbar. Thanks a lot Technotiger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…