Can I have 2 Windows Xp installtions on my HDD?

Tinkey Winkey 10:51 04 Nov 06

Hi all,

Wanna put a new HDD into my notebook but am concerned I may not be able to find all the necessary drivers.

So I thought I would try and put another XP installtion on my current HDD in a new partition with all the drivers I've found from the net.
This way I can see if it works first before splashing out on a new HDD.

If it doesn't all work properly then I'll just delete the new XP installation and carry on using the original.

Will this work?
I do not have any partitioning software - XP setup can create a new partition for me will it not?

Presuming I can do this, how do I then make the PC select the new XP installtion rather than the older one when it boots?

In the boot selection presumably I can only select HDD - will
the new partition show in the boot screen or will I be asked which version I wish to boot from on start up?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 04 Nov 06

Will this work?
I do not have any partitioning software - XP setup can create a new partition for me will it not?

No

Back up your currnt drivers click here

burn to CD or put on flash drive

Fit new HDD install windows and point XP to your drivers folder when it is installing hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…