Can I go directly from SP1 to SP3?

SP2chicken 17:49 22 Apr 08

Hi all,

I am one of the dolts who never installed SP2 (for XP) due to the extremely high volume of scare stories put out there about what can happen if you do. Now with word of SP3 coming, I'm wondering if one can just go from SP1 to SP3 (I'm still scared of an SP2-caused lockup... can't really explain why I'm not scared of the same from SP3).

In case anyone's wondering, I haven't had any significant problems by not having SP2, but I anticipate having some if I don't go to SP3, since I now plan to stay with XP longer term.

thanks
AP

iscanut2 18:35 22 Apr 08

I may be wrong, but I think you have to have SP2 installed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 22 Apr 08

click here

see second FAQ

Switcher 20:09 22 Apr 08

^

SP2chicken 21:49 22 Apr 08

Thank you Fruit Bat, that answered it. For anyone else needing the answer, this is what the linked article said:

Q: Does SP3 include everything from SP1 and SP2 or do I need to install those first?

A: Though XP SP3 aggregates all of the previously-released XP fixes, Microsoft now says that you will need to install at least SP1 on XP before installing SP3. The company recommends installing SP2 first as well, though that is not required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…