Can I get rid of a trojan horse?

donkey12340 11:56 05 Mar 07

I am worried that I may still be infected with something. I had messages pop up saying I had a trojan horse. I ran McCafee and so changed and bought Norton 2007. I installed it and ran the scan but it found nothing although the PC has slowed and I still get popups. I have since rerun Norton and it has found a few things and fixed them but I am still unsure as it is still slow etc. I think the best idea will be to reinstall everything and then get the appropriate security systems in place as I believe this will delete any problems and then I can hopefully protect myself better.

I would like to know if re-installing is the best option or if there are things I could try first and if you believe I should re-install then what else do I need to work alongside Norton 2007?

I basically have nothing on the pc that I need so would be no trouble to wipe everything and start again.

I hope this is clear but am not clued up on this sort of thing as have never had a home pc before.

Thanks

VoG II 11:59 05 Mar 07

Try a-squared click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…