Can I Get Rid Of Spam Without Canging My Address?

swanson2 16:31 09 Feb 04

Hi,

I have recently (about three weeks ago) started receiving over 50 Spam e-mails a day.

I have never had a problem before and only used to get a handful of Spam a week.

I have installed Mailwasher and it is very good at identifying/bouncing/deleting and blacklisting the Spam e-mails, but I am a bit concerned that my blacklist folder already holds over 700 addresses.

Does anyone know the limit of no of addresses that can be held in the Mailwasher "Blacklist" folder and is there any better way of getting this Spam stopped short of changing my e-mail address which I would rather not do?

Regards,

Bob S

Cook2 16:38 09 Feb 04

This may be worth a try H:\Program Files\Eliminate Spam!\Help\Readme.htm

Cook2 16:40 09 Feb 04

Doh. type eliminatespam.com in your search

mdshamilton 16:42 09 Feb 04

Whom do you use as an email provider? Hotmail and Yahoo mail both provide varying levels of spam protection that you enable via logging into your account on their sites - this would reduce the level of spam you end up downloading.

Alternatively, try Norton Internet Security 4.0 which, when it updates the virus and firewall files also updates a file of spam addresses automatically.

swanson2 16:51 09 Feb 04

I use Freeserve Broadband and Norton Firewall/AV 2003.

I find that Mailwasher identifies 95% of the Spam OK but just wondered how many Spam addresses can be added to the blacklist file?

I gather that it is impossible to trace these stupid spammers and suspect that bouncing the Spam won't make much difference?

Is there any point in contacting my ISP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…