can i get my printer to print the whole page?

GSLF 20:02 11 Feb 05

i am trying to print out my english media coursework. i am doing a PC magazine and want to print the whole page with colour and text, but my printer wont print to the edge and so i miss of the edges.
Can any body help????????

Diodorus Siculus 20:08 11 Feb 05

Many printers will not print to the edge. Have you had a look at the manual?

What model printer do you have?

Terry Brown 20:28 11 Feb 05

Look for a program called FINEPRINT, this give s a lot more control over page layout. I believe you can sample it first

GSLF 20:44 11 Feb 05

the model is hp buisness inkjet 1100

Storik 20:45 11 Feb 05

You've probably tried this, but go to "page setup" (depending on what program you are using)and reset your margins. This may help.

If you have a "print preview" either in your wordprocessor or printer setup, you can view what the page will look like before you print. Then you can play with the margins until it looks right, and/or move your pictures within the set margins.

Hope this is of some help.

Storik

GSLF 20:54 11 Feb 05

thanks i give it another go. its so annoying when you cant print the whole page!

wiz-king 09:06 12 Feb 05

Also check that the paper size is set correctly and that you have un-ticked the resize letter to A4 box. Most printers are happy with a 1cm margin.

end 11:55 12 Feb 05

this idea may (or may not::))) help

click here

it "works for me" with these forum pages, so just migh come in handy for you:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…