can i get my liteon 8x burner to burn faster?

second best 22:44 16 Aug 04

hi, i have 8x dvd+r but only 4x dvd-r. can i alter firmware, or something to make them burn 8x dvd-r.

second best 23:30 16 Aug 04

does that make sense, i have a liteon 8x dvd+/-r rw, but it can only burn dvd+r at 8x and dvd-r at 4x. thre that's better.

kspatto 23:38 16 Aug 04

wouldnt think so you could try their web site but it is in the manufacturers interest to have the drive operating at its best performance anyway(the higher the burn speeds the more units they would sell)

patto

woodchip 23:42 16 Aug 04

Put 240 volts to the power plug on it. It will then whizz round. Is it worth the hassle

THE TERMINATOR 01:09 17 Aug 04

Pardon? Sorry but you can't get software to make your drive burn faster. Mind you if you do find any let me know and I just might get my cd writer topping 100x....TT

Chegs ® 02:26 17 Aug 04

Altering the firmware wont enable your drive to burn DVD-R faster(doing this can kill your drive)The actual media is the limiting factor.If your patient,I expect that DVD-R media(the discs)will eventually be manufactured that CAN.The only option open to you presently is to upgrade the drives firmware to make it "region-free"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…