Can I fax internationally from my XP fax facility?

Axii9 16:09 24 Jun 04

Can I fax internationally from my XP fax facility?

It has adrop down menu but is stuck on UK, any idea how I can change it?

pj123 16:19 24 Jun 04

I don't have XP but someone else asked the same question a couple of days ago. What I suggested was have a look on your modem installation CD and you should find some free fax software. (generally supervoice) I use supervoice for sending faxes and there are no restrictions. The main problem though is if you want to receive faxes you must have your computer switched on and supervoice running. To get round that I use the service from Trinite which costs £23 per year and all incoming faxes come in to my email inbox, so I don't have to have my PC on to receive. Trinite is at click here Tiscali offer the same incoming service for free but you have to have an account with them. I am quite happy with Trinite which works out at £2? a month.

€dstowe 16:46 24 Jun 04

I use an Olitec SmartMemory modem specifically for faxing although it is usable as a dial up modem. It is fitted with a memory card and can store up to 16MB of fax messages (a lot). It is on 24/7 and can be left switched on, independent of a computer.

Messages are downloaded to the computer when convenient.

I use the device for faxing anywhere in the world, mostly USA and France without restriction as it will dial any fax munber I key into the appropriate box. Messages are typed directly into the computer. No paper is involved in either sending or receiving (unless I want there to be).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…